what is IP Telephony?
IP Telephony principally satisfies a simple need: Enabling the use of open standard LAN and distributed data networks for the transport of voice, replacing the use of traditional telephone networks and equipment for that purpose
what’s the Business Value?
• Lower costs
• Centralized network control and management
• Increased communications capabilities and productivity for remote and mobile employees
• Increased customer satisfaction through the use of distributed call center applications and remote branches
Example: Enterprise without IP Telephony Dedicated infrastructure for both data and voice
• Inefficient use of communications network bandwidth
• Higher equipment costs as each site requires dedicated voice systems
• Higher equipment management costs since each site must be managed separately • Worker productivity and collaboration is limited due to feature dissimilarity and segregation imposed by separate and often different voice systems
Example: Enterprise using IP Telephony Converged network of data, voice and even video
• Lower Telecom Costs
• Simplified Communications Management
• Ease of Access to Centralized Applications